The screen counter enables a fast determination of the screen ruling between 30 to 80 lines per cm. Please use our contact form to request your screen counter free of charge!
Screen Counter Functions
1) Millimeter-scale in 0.5 mm steps.
2) Determination of the screen ruling between 30 to 80 l/cm. Whilst placed upon the print sample turn the screen counter clockwise. At a certain position a Moiré effect will appear. The centrum coordinates then the screen ruling. With a screen ruling of 60 l/cm the Moiré will appear as well in the 30 l/cm area (the half). The picture illustrates the appearance of a screen ruling of 34 l/cm.
3) Lines of 0.05 to 5.00 mm to determine line widths.
4) Inch-scale in 0.025 inch steps.
5) Font sizes of 5 to 16 pt height.
6) Volume figures conversions from metric to imperial and vice versa.
7) Angle determination. Place this part in a 90° axis onto the print. The centrum of the appearing Moiré indicates the according screen angle of the color separation. The picture illustrates for instance a print angle of 45°. Works best on single colors.